Letter of Standing Request Form
Request for Letter of Standing Information Form
Under the Labour Mobility Act, NSCMLT members who are no longer going to be or were formerly Registered as a Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) in the province of Nova Scotia will require a letter of standing from NSCMLT if seeking MLT employment in another regulated province. The letter of standing information contains detailed information about your registration history with NSCMLT, including information that is not publicly available on the NSCMLT online public roster. The letter of standing will be sent to the requested College on your behalf and a copy will be placed on your file with NSCMLT that you may access.
Information provided includes:
- Fulll name and license number
- Date of initial registration and last day of registration
- Authorized to practice in class of registration
- English Language requirements met
- Any conditions or restrictions on MLT license
- The effective date(s) and reasons for revocation, suspension, or reinstatement of registration
- Any findings of professional misconduct, incompetence or incapacity
- Any findings of inquires, complaints and reports, cautions, or specified continuing education or remediation
- Any information regarding any criminal finding, or controlled drugs and substances Act
- Any current investigation(s) into practice or conduct related to complaints, discipline (professional misconduct), fitness to practice or registration
- Information regarding unpaid fees
- Information regarding quality assurance requirements and outcomes
- Number of practice hours in the past 4 years
- Any other information that in the Registrar's opinion is relevant to suitability to pracitce.
To request a Letter of Standing Request;
- Log into your account on the Member Portal
- In the sidebar menu go to the Requests section
- Fill out and submit the Letter of Standing Request Form
In completing this form you are giving NSCMLT permission to share your information.