Complaint Decisions and Appeals
In accordance with the MLT Act, the committee may:
- Dismiss the complaint
- Attempt to resolve the complaint informally
- Counsel or caution the MLT
- Reprimand the MLT with their consent
- Require the MLT to undergo treatment or re-education, with their consent
- Refer the matter to a hearing committee (if a hearing is required, the information provided may need to be made public)
Once a decision is reached, both you and the MLT will be notified in writing with a copy of the decision.
The MLT may appeal on any point of law from the finding of the hearing committee to the NS Court of Appeal.
There are no scheduled hearings at this time.