Letter of Standing Request Form
Verification of Registration and Licensure (Letter of Standing) Form
Under the Labour Mobility Act, NSCMLT members who are no longer going to be or were formerly registered as a Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) in the province of Nova Scotia will require a letter of standing from NSCMLT if seeking MLT employment in another regulated province. The letter of standing information contains detailed information about your registration history, including information that is not publicly available on the NSCMLT online public roster. The letter of standing will be sent to the requested College on your behalf and a copy will be placed on your file with NSCMLT that you may access.
Information provided includes:
- Fulll name and license number
- Date of initial registration and last day of registration
- Authorized to practice in class of registration
- English Language requirements met
- Any conditions or restrictions on MLT license
- The effective date(s) and reasons for revocation, suspension, or reinstatement of registration
- Any findings of professional misconduct, incompetence or incapacity
- Any findings of inquires, complaints and reports, cautions, or specified continuing education or remediation
- Any information regarding any criminal finding, or controlled drugs and substances Act
- Any current investigation(s) into practice or conduct related to complaints, discipline (professional misconduct), fitness to practice or registration
- Information regarding unpaid fees
- Information regarding quality assurance requirements and outcomes
- Number of practice hours in the past 5 years
- Any other information that in the Registrar's opinion is relevant to suitability to pracitce.
To request a Letter of Standing:
- Log into your account on the Member Portal
- In the sidebar menu go to the Requests section
- Fill out and submit the Letter of Standing Request Form
In completing this form you are giving NSCMLT permission to share your information. After you submit this form and payment, we will issue to the regulatory body of your choice a letter confirming your current or former registration and licensure with NSCMLT . This letter is sent directly to the other regulatory body only. If you would like the letter to be sent to multiple regulatory bodies please select all that apply in the form. We will complete this request within 15 business days once we receive both the form and payment.